Livelihood Program Officer
(Livelihood, Agriculture and Private - sector Development)
Improving Socio - Economic Development in Beni Mellal - Khenifra (BMK)
About the Program
The Inclusive Socio-Economic Development (ISED) program implemented by FHI 360 and partners Financial Services Volunteer Corps (FSVC), Lixia Capsia Gestionis (LixCap), AIDECA, and Mississippi State University (MSU) will improve governance for increased regional growth and enhance livelihoods and business opportunities, with an emphasis on inclusion of vulnerable citizens integrated into all activities. In coordination with implementing partners, FSVC and LixCap will be responsible for enhancing livelihoods and business activity through innovation, with a focus on improving the competiveness of agriculture and agribusiness operators and improving their participation in domestic and international agricultural value chains.
The incumbent will be hired by LixCap (Lixcap.com), a consultancy and investment facilitation firm. The incumbent is expected to work full time from ISED office in the city Beni Mellal, with frequent travel anticipated within the provinces of Beni Mellal, Azilal, Fquih Ben Salah, Khénifra and Khouribga.
Under leadership of ISED’s Chief of Party, the incumbent will support the Livelihood Specialist in designing and implementing activities aimed at promoting private sector development and boosting economic growth including entrepreneurship, micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSMEs) and cooperatives and in particular those operating in the agriculture and agribusiness sectors. Tasks include:
- Helping to coordinate project activity related to counterpart needs assessment, activity definition, preparation, implementation, reporting, communication and closeout
- Helping to develop a network of contacts with private sector / economic growth stakeholders in the region of Beni Mella-Khenifra ( SMEs/Cooperatives, business support organizations, Centre Regional d’Investissement, Agropole)
- Supporting livelihood team in managing multiple field aspects of Technical Assistance delivery by experts, including project activity design, research, logistical arrangements, implementation, post-project follow-up, monitoring, evaluation and reporting
Academic degree/professional training in Economics, Finance, Trade, entrepreneurship development or equivalent with 3 years of experience
At least 2 years of previous relevant experience preferred. Candidates with no prior experience but strong credentials and relevant internships (“stages”) will also be considered
Ability to deliver effective presentations and to write high quality technical reports
Excellent ability to engage, collaborate and coordinate activities with partners and colleagues
Excellent understanding of the national and regional economic context in the BMK region
Understanding of agriculture and agricultural value chains is a plus.
- Desired qualifications include a M.Sc. degree in Business, Economics, Trade, Agricultural Economics, Finance or another relevant field
- The candidates also are expected to be professionally fluent in French and Arabic, with strong writing skills in English
- Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Efficiency and business acumen
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
If you are interested, please send your CV and letter of interest to [اضغط هنا لمشاهدة البريد اﻹلكتروني] with “BMK – Livelihood Program Officer” in the title.
Deadline to apply: April 11, 2021
No phone calls. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for interview. Applications will be reviewed on rolling basis.