As an HSE Engineer, your responsabilities will be:
• Creating a strong EH&S culture in the plant to ensure a zero-accident plant environment and reduce any environmental impact from our operations.
• Ensuring legal compliance with applicable regulatory rules including permits, registrations, waste manifests, waste regulation, hazardous material management, fire protection, etc.
• Coordinating audits and compliance with EH&S Integrated Environmental, Health and Safety Systems (ISO 14001/OHSAS 18001)
• Conducting risk assessments of all operations including routine and non-routine tasks to ensure safety risk is reduced to acceptable levels and Job Safety Analysis documented to train employees.
• Conducting investigation and root cause analysis (8D) for any significant EH&S incident and verify effectiveness of corrective actions.
• Creating positive safety workplace utilizing proactive metrics and recognition programs.
• Developing and implementing EH&S programs including applicable training with regards to energy control/lock out, electrical safety, crane and lifting equipment, powered vehicles, robot safety, chemical awareness, working at heights, industrial hygiene, ergonomics, emergency response, waste management, refrigerant management, etc.
• Manage chemical inventory including maintaining up to date safety data sheets and conducting training.
• Leading emergency response program including fire protection system maintenance and testing, emergency response teams, and first aid.
Master degree in safety or environmental engineering with at least 02 to 03 years of experience in HSE within the automotive industry.